Sunday, September 18, 2011

Singing in the Rain

Tropical Storm Lee made a brief appearance over East Tennessee. Olivia was thrilled! It doesn't rain much in Colorado and never for days on end. She really wanted to use the umbrella Mamaw brought her, so we ventured outside.

Photobucket

Daddy got out his golf umbrella for her:

Photobucket

Then she ditched the umbrellas for her scooter:

Photobucket

I was really surprised she stayed out there! She's usually doesn't enjoy getting dirty or being wet.

Olivia and I visited Granny last weekend and had a sleepover with Maggie and Aubrey. Three giggly girls in a bed:

Photobucket

Maggie wanted me to take a picture while they pretended to be asleep. Olivia didn't quite understand:

Photobucket

We were cracking up at Aubrey with her sleep mask!

Last night we went to a German themed dinner. Michael met a woman at a community meeting last month and she invited us. She is originally from Germany and wanted to share German culture with Dayton. There was authentic food, an accordion, and memorabilia. My great grandparents moved here from Germany, so I found it very interesting! Olivia was entertained by the accordion. Here she is right before we left:

Photobucket

Yes, she is crying in that picture. Or pretending to cry, take your pick! Constant drama with that child. She loves that feather headband!

I finished 2 hats for some sweet baby boys:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Love the mohawk!

Not much going on around here! I started an online program to get my teaching license. It's been 5 years since I took a class and I am pretty rusty! I'm enrolled at Liberty University. Three of the classes are on campus (they're called "intensive" and take place Monday - Friday from 9-5. Sounds like fun, right?!). If everything goes according to plan, I will student teach next fall and graduate next December. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment