Tuesday, February 12, 2013

On the road again...

 
 
 
The girls and I headed to Johnson City the first weekend in February for a quick visit.  Paige got to meet a few relatives for the first time and Olivia had a blast visiting friends and family.  We also got to experience something we haven't seen since leaving Colorado:  SNOW!  Oh my, Olivia was in heaven.  Unfortunately, we didn't have any snow clothes with us.  I ended up putting on every article of clothing we brought on her and she borrowed a few from her cousins.  Poor uncle Brett ended up carrying her up the hill quite a few times, because she was wearing Aubrey's rainboots.  Rainboots don't get much traction in the snow!
 
 
 
 
 
Olivia drove everyone crazy, wanting to build a snowman.  The other kids were more interested in sledding, so I got out of the car (Paige and I didn't have snow clothes, either!  We sat in the warm car) and helped her build a small snowman.  I ran back to the car to get the camera.  When I got back, she had invited Aiden to help her smash it, ha!
 
 
Visiting:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We were trying to get a picture of all the kids together.  I had just told Olivia we had to leave.  This is the look she gave me:
 

 
Finally, a good one:
 
 
 
Paige was making some really funny faces while Maggie was holding her one night:
 
 
She also fell asleep on Aubrey (note the dress up clothes!):
 



 
We had a great time! 
In other news, Michael and I are still trying to give Olivia special attention.  So I decided to try out a Pinterest inspired project Saturday. 
Canvas with her name spelled out in painter's tape:
 
 
3 different paint colors (pink, purple, and yellow- her choice):
 
Paige was very interested in the progress:
 
 
Ta-da!
 
 
Fun stuff! 
Look what we found:
 
 
She looks thrilled, doesn't she?  Poor pumpkin has been battling a diaper rash pretty much since birth.  I ended up putting her in cloth diapers earlier than I intended.  It does seem to be a little better, but not completely gone.  She has her 2 month appointment Friday (can you believe it?!) and I'm hoping her pediatrician will have more recommendations (we already tried everything he said at her 1 month appointment!). 
Hope you have a good week!
 




 


 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment