Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A nice start to 2014

Dollywood didn't close until the first week of January this year, so we decided to squeeze in one more trip.  Guess who was big enough to ride some kiddie rides?
A little unsure at first:
















Then she decided she LOVED it:

















Honestly, I was surprised.  She is SO attached to me right now, I didn't think she would get on without me.  I did get to ride one with her:
















Olivia was tall enough (42") to ride some of the "big" little kid rides (does that even make sense?).  There are 2 rides in the kiddie section she hasn't been tall enough to ride until now, so she was pumped.
















Daddy even got to go with us and we met Mamaw, Papaw, and Taylor there.  It was fun!

Hard to believe Paige is already 13 months old!  Here's her 52 week picture from last month:
















Still not walking and still incredibly attached to Mommy.  Ha!  She has started standing up by herself and she is SO proud of herself:

















She is a little lovebug, but she is high maintenance.  If she is not being held, she cries.  If we don't give her what she wants (like the knife used to cut her grapes), she screams and cries.  I am working one night a week while Michael keeps the girls.  We face-timed last Thursday and this is the picture I got:






















Poor Daddy.  She loves Daddy, so I don't think she cries the entire time I'm gone!  I'm only mentioning this, so I can remember that it's not always sunshine and rainbows here.  The main issue with Paige's high maintenance is there is another baby in our house:






















She's still my baby, too.  And she remembers her life before Paige was here.  We have found a few of these notes lying around:






















That's "Mom" and "Paige" written in a heart and "Olivia" with an X over it.  Talk about breaking your heart.  For 4.5 years, she was the center of our world and it's a tough transition.  I'm sure she's tired of us telling her that Paige will get easier soon (ha!).  We are sure to cover her with love and kisses when these notes show up.
And it helps that Paige adores her:
















Love this picture:
















Paige's favorite thing to do while I'm cooking is clean out the cabinets:























Stinker.  Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment