Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Settling in...

Blog hiatus, because we didn't have internet at the apartment until this week!  Also, most of my photos have been taken from my phone, lately.  It's rather difficult to live in 2 different places 2.5 hours apart!  I'll think of something I need and realize it's at the house or vice versa.  Fun times! 

The girls and I are living in Nashville with Michael for the most part and enjoying what the area has to offer- like the splash pad at Charlie Daniels Park:

















































The last 2 pictures are at Nashville Shores, a waterpark 5 miles from the apartment.  We got a membership and the girls love it!  We were surprised Olivia would go down that slide by herself.


We do travel to check on the house occasionally, but Olivia's schedule is keeping us busy here!  She has swim lessons or gymnastics every week day, although swim lessons end soon.  She is SO excited about gymnastics- she starts competing in August at Level 2.  This entails 7 HOURS of practice (3 days a week), a pricey leotard, a pricey warm-up, meet competition entry fees- I will stop, but I could go on.  We told her if she wants to do this, it is the only sport she can participate in and she agreed right away.  She loves it!

Poor Paige has been struggling with allergies since we moved:
































The pediatrician put her on a daily dose of Zyrtec.  It's helping some, but she has a continuous runny nose.  Chicken legs seem to help:
























She cracks me up.  She has started throwing her arms up with a confused look if you ask her where someone is (usually Daddy):





















We came to the Tri-Cities for a couple of days last weekend, because I was helping host a baby shower for my friend Mary Ellen:


















She got us these cute hats for hosting:


















Seems like I won't be getting to wear it much, though:

















































Unfortunately, Paige is not cut out to live in an apartment.  She's at the screaming stage- she screams when she's happy, sad, mad, etc.  We are continuously saying "Shhhhh" to her.  Even Olivia gets in on it- she tells her to "be quiet before you get us kicked out of here!"  Wonder where she heard that?  So, I basically let her do whatever she wants to keep her from screaming when we're in the apartment. 















































I'm sure that will not bode well for me in the future.

I mentioned Olivia's swim lessons.  I didn't mention the free entertainment.  She is taking at the YMCA and there is a water zumba class that is going on at the same time.  This instructor has some self confidence!  The other parents and I were laughing so hard, but he didn't care.  I think it helped him, ha! 

 


















The best part?  He keeps Paige entertained for 45 minutes:







 

No comments:

Post a Comment