Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Itsy, Bitsy Spider and a 5K

Olivia is very interested in our cameras. We ended up giving her our old digital camera (it still works) and she likes to play with it, but she especially likes our video camera. She insisted that I video her singing, so she could watch herself. You'll probably have to turn up the volume- she needs to work on projecting!



I finally reached a goal that I set several months ago. One of our daycare parents (Anissa) is an RN and a former personal trainer. She knows quite a bit about fitness/health and has been helping Lindsay (that owns the daycare) and I get healthier and exercise regularly. We meet her twice a week for a cardio session and then lift weights 2-3 times a week, plus Michael and I try to go on a 20ish mile bike ride (pulling Olivia) as often as we can. Colorado is ranked as one of the fittest states and I guess it's rubbing off on us (Michael has lost 20 pounds just from riding his bike)! It has worked much better than the crash diets I normally follow. When we started in October, I couldn't run half a mile. This weekend, we ran a 5k- as in ran the entire time (that's 3.2 miles). I have never been so proud to come in 77th place, ha! (There were 251 runners and I was 40th out of 182 women). I finished in 34 minutes- I was shooting for under 40, so I am quite proud! Especially after a rather hilly course (that we were not prepared for!). In fact, we were so excited, that we signed up for another 5k on May 14th. That race is supposed to be a flat course, ha!

Here we are before the race:

Photobucket

Yes, it was COLD. Anissa is beside me in the green jacket, Lindsay is on my other side. Lindsay's sister and Mom also ran with us- they're beside Lindsay.

Michael and I are registered for a 34 mile bike race on June 5th. Busy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment