Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Pledge

2 posts in a week! I'm on a roll!

Lindsay and I decided last week to start saying the Pledge of Allegiance with the daycare kids. We have a preschool program that we do every morning with the calendar and weather, so it seemed like something that would fit in with the rest of our activities. We started saying it once a day last Wednesday. Last night after her bath, I asked Olivia if she remembered any of the words, hoping maybe she had picked up the first line or so. Here's what I got:



I was floored. She memorized the entire thing after saying it 5 times. I haven't gone over it with her at all! She has a little trouble with "indivisible," but I don't know many 2 year olds that wouldn't! More proof that young kids are sponges. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment