Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mischievous?

Who, Olivia? Never! She's not mischevious AT ALL. I can leave her by herself (well, not really by herself- the laundry room is right beside the kitchen) for 2 minutes while I switch the laundry from the washer to the dryer. She would NEVER find her diaper bag behind the couch and pull out EVERY single item. Including all the wipes. Then hide behind Avry's highchair when she sees me. Not my child...

Photobucket

Ha! That was only part of the mess.
Talk about testing boundaries- she will pick up a piece of food from her tray on the highchair and hold it over the side. Just to see if I say anything. I ignored it a couple of times, until she actually started dropping it on purpose. Actually, I even ignored it then, it was when she started throwing it (usually at me) that I started putting her in "time out" when it happened. Time out is the pack and play set up in a corner of the dining room. She hates it. She can see everything and everybody and it drives her crazy that she's not in the middle of it! It's funny how fast they change and catch on to things. Sarah was telling me a few weeks ago that she and Tyler would put Liza (she's 5 now) in time out for throwing food when she was 1. I remember thinking that Olivia wouldn't intentionally throw food. She sure proved me wrong! Oh, and time out started after an unfortunate biting incident (Avry's cheek!). You would think she would start with pushing or hitting, but no. She went straight to biting. Luckily, the food throwing has decreased dramatically. The biting only happened one time, so we're hopefully on the right track. I'm actually really pleased that she's testing boundaries, so we can actually set them!

Photobucket

Oh, and guess what came in the mail this week? Yep, Photoshop Elements. Of course, I had to take some new pictures to test it out! I wanted to get some action shots of her in the pettiskirt after the crying episode she had with Rebecca Marr in TN. A new family moved in across the street from us last week. I hadn't had a chance to meet them until the mom was driving down the street and saw me laying on the sidewalk trying to get some good pictures. What a way to make a first impression! She was really sweet and offered to let me use the flowers in her backyard for some pictures. How nice was that?
I had lots of fun with these! I need to figure out when to stop messing with them, though. I don't want to OVER edit them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

She's going to hate me for this one some day:

Photobucket

Photobucket

The new game she plays with Daddy:



Hope you're having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment