Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving and Tree Trimming!

We celebrated Thanksgiving with our friends Yarelys and Steve, their little boy (Caden), and Steve's parents. I'm happy to report my dishes turned out much better this year. Last year my sides were a disaster! Well, my sweet potato casserole was a disaster again this year, but it tasted OK!
Just for fun- Thanksgivng 2008- so small!

Photobucket

Olivia had a great time playing with Caden:

Photobucket

Caden even stole a few hugs:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Olivia left lots of fingerprints on their glass table:

Photobucket

Playing Peek a boo with each other:

Photobucket

We had a great time!

Photobucket

Lots of new toys to play with at Caden's house:

Photobucket

I started putting away leftovers when we got home that night and noticed that Olivia was missing. She had been playing in her playroom, so I called for her and heard a giggle from the direction of the laundry room. She had found the container of marshmallows I had given her earlier (healthy, right? I had to give her something to keep her occupied so I could finish cooking!). I'm not sure if she hid them before we left or what, but for whatever reason, she thought she had to hide in the laudry room (with the light off) to eat them. Isn't she a bit young to be "hiding" when she knows she's doing something wrong?! I love how she brought her paci and cell phone with her:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yarelys and I went to the Moonlight Madness Sale at the Outlets in Castle Rock (about 15 minutes South) that night. Talk about Madness- WOW. We only made it to one store (Gymboree, of course!). We got there right at 10:00 p.m. (when the sale started) and it was packed. We had to wait in line for an hour and 20 minutes just to check out, but I got some great deals and cute clothes for next year (and this year!). The lines were long in every store, so we headed home after Gymboree.

Now that Thanksgiving is over, we're moving right along to Christmas! I found a 7 1/2 foot pre-lit Christmas tree on Craigslist for $50. LOVE Craigslist! Olivia was more interested in taking off each ornament as I put them on:

Photobucket

Photobucket

She lost interest before we finished, but seems to like the tree. We ended up putting the baby gate around it, though. I'm afraid she'll knock it over!

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was fun to decorate with her and I'm excited for Christmas. We have another busy week planned!

Photobucket

This is usually what her hair looks like in the morning:

Photobucket

And I have to share this video. Avry was with us Wednesday and they were playing together really well. Avry was pushing Olivia in the stroller around the island in the kitchen. I was working on a pumpkin pie when I heard them open a drawer in the island. Every cabinet in our kitchen has a baby latch, but not the drawers in the island. I use them frequently and can usually keep them away pretty easily. I could have stopped this, but I grabbed the camera instead. So glad we bought the jumbo box of sandwich bags at Costco!



They are so funny! Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment