Sunday, November 22, 2009

Things I said I would never do as a parent...

We've all said them. Or I have, at least. "When I have kids, I'll never ______ (fill in the blank)." I have a whole list of them, so here you have it. Things I said I wouldn't do:

1) "I'll never..." Co-sleep. Yes, Olivia is still sleeping in our bed. She was starting out in her crib for a few hours, but that went downhill when I started working at night. She knows Daddy won't let her cry too long!
2) "I'll never..." Google every "symptom" I think she has, self-diagnose her, and call her pediatrician to confirm.
3) "I'll never..." Have the pediatrician on speed dial.
4) "I'll never..." Have a house over-run with toys. Ha!
5) "I'll never..." compare my child to another. This one became a little too hard when I started watching Avry. They're only 2 days apart, of course I compare them!
6) "I'll never..." let my child make a mess while eating, then take pictures and share them on the internet...

*****************WARNING************************
Pictures of kids covered in food below! I used to think these pictures were gross, until I took some of Olivia. I honestly never thought I would let her get this messy, but with spaghetti, what else can you do? Avry was here, too, so I stripped them down to their diapers and let them go.

Photobucket

Not too bad starting out...

Photobucket

This pic is blurry, but I had to post it. I gave them spoons, but they quickly gave up on them and Olivia decided the noodles were too slippery for her fingers, so she just stuck her face in the pile of spaghetti. I probably won't be telling her to eat with her hands too many more times!

Photobucket

Since they were a mess anyway, I gave them a Zumerz (yogurt), too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Olivia made a much bigger mess than Avry, although Avry held her own!

Photobucket

The last picture is me trying to keep them corraled in the kitchen while I made a path to the bathroom. Not easy with 2 toddlers! I finally sacrificed my clothes and picked both of them up and dumped them in the tub. They thoroughly enjoyed themselves. I can't wait to try finger painting when it warms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment