Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Anniversary and Santa Saga...

Today is our 4th anniversary. If someone had told us on our wedding day that in 4 years we would be living in Colorado with a 16 month old, we would have thought they were crazy! However, here we are and thinking things turned out pretty well!

Flashback:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Fun!

Since I was off Saturday (for the first time since October- and someone asked to work for me that day!), we decided to take Olivia to Bass Pro Shop. Why, you ask? Because they have lots of stuffed animals, a huge fish tank, and a Santa Wonderland where you can get a FREE photo with Santa. Getting ready to go see Santa:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Unfortunatley, everyone in the greater Denver area had the same idea! We got there around 1:00 and discovered they were handing out times to come back for your photo with Santa. The earliest time we could get in was 6:30 that night. Needless to say, we didn't take that time! Olivia did enjoy the fish and stuffed animals, though. Here she is on the way home:

Photobucket

I ended up taking her to see Santa at the mall. There's a whole village set up, with a boardwalk, fake snow, lights, the whole works. She loved walking around there and looking at everything. When we got to Santa's "lodge" and she saw him sitting there, she froze. There was someone in front of us, so she watched that little boy get his picture made. Then I picked her up and sat her on his lap. Big mistake. She lost it, arching her back, SCREAMING, and trying to get down. This was the result:

Photobucket

Needless to say, I got the smallest package of that picture! I was trying to video at the same time and this is all I could get:



Poor thing. We had to run to the mall again today, so I thought we would try it one more time. This time, she wouldn't even let me put her down to walk around the boardwalk. The closer we got to Santa, the tighter she gripped my shirt. When she started whimpering, I decided to join her in the picture. She still looks scared, but at least she's not screaming!

Photobucket

Olivia has 3 people she wants to wish a Happy Birthday to (a little late!):

Her Mamaw:

Photobucket

Her cousin Taylor:

Photobucket

Her cousin Aubrey:

Photobucket

Hope you all had a great day!

We finally finished our Christmas shopping today. Now, to fight the line at the post office...

"Showing Off" video. What good is a blog, if you can't show off your child every now and then? Wait, I think that's the whole purpose of this blog... :)




This video cracks me up. I was working on naming body parts with Olivia and Avry. The funniest part is at the end, when Avry tries to sit on my lap:



They are so funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment