Sunday, February 7, 2010

18 months

Dear Olivia,

Yesterday was your half birthday. You are 18 months old and it's hard to believe how fast the time has gone, although I really can't remember life too well before you were part of it. I'm sure it was very boring. You are changing every day! You are talking more and more- even putting some words together (like "My paci" and "No Daddy"). People stop and comment on how pretty you are all the time. We agree with them (of course), but you are so much more than that. You are a sweet, sassy, funny, happy, smart little girl. Is it bad that I'm secretly glad that you're so attached to me (and Daddy)? I don't think so. It won't be long until you want to do things by yourself. Right now, me or Daddy have to be close by for you to be happy. And I love it. I love being your Mommy. You make me a better person and this world is better because you're in it.
So, what are you up to at 18 months?
- You love playing with your dolls. You will put one in your baby doll stroller and push it around and around the playroom.
- Elmo is your absolute favorite right now. There is one Elmo movie that you LOVE (The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland). Any other Elmo movie, you refuse to watch. Mommy and Daddy could sing the songs in that movie in our sleep.
- You are around 17 pounds (we'll find out exactly tomorrow!) and possibly 30 inches long (you were 28.5 at your 15 month appointment). You are wearing mostly 12-18 month clothes now, although your 6-12 month clothes still fit. The pants are a little short and that drives Mommy crazy!
- You LOVE sweets. Anything and everything. As soon as Daddy gets home from work, you lead him to the pantry and say "cookie."
- You used to eat anything, but your tastes are changing. You still eat pretty well, but some things you spit out (like eggs and some meat). It's actually pretty funny! You really like yogurt, applesauce, and any kind of fruit.
- You are wearing a size 2 diaper (Mommy gave up on cloth diapers when you went entirely to solid food. Ew.)
- You are VERY attached to Mommy and Daddy.
- You had your first gymnastics class last week and LOVED it.
- You climb on EVERYTHING. You finally figured out how to climb into the bathtub and this is how I found you when I got back from getting your towel:

Photobucket

- AND (most important), you are doing much better for our little "photo shoots." I guess you're finally used to having a camera in your face all the time. We already have over 8000 pictures of you!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There aren't words to describe how much Daddy and I love you! Happy 1/2 birthday, sweet girl!

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment