Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Back to normal...

I haven't blogged lately, because there's not much going on! I feel like we're finally back to normal after the holiday madness and the trip to TN. Our routine is back in place!
Olivia is still obsessed with her Elmo movie- here she is trying to work the remote, saying "Melmo? Melmo?:

Photobucket

And then bringing the remote to me to "fix:"

Photobucket

She had a little cold last week and not much of an appetite. I finally got her to eat some strawberries with whipped cream. Of course, something sweet made her eat!

Photobucket

She's lately started playing with our little point and shoot digital camera. She likes to watch the screen on the back and (to my surprise), figured out how to take a picture:

Photobucket

Silly girl. We went to our first Mommy and Me gymnastics class yesterday. She did really well! She wasn't too happy about letting the teacher help her (separation anxiety again), but as long as I was right beside her, she loved it! She especially liked walking on the balance beam and jumping on the trampoline. She wasn't a big fan of the "marshmallow pit," which is under the bars- a big pit full of foamy, squishy sponges. She was supposed to wade through it with the teacher, but she wanted me to do it. That's the one activity they don't want parents to help with, so she was on her own with the teacher. I was really pleased and proud of how well she did! I hope it's a sport she'll want to continue with. :)

Here's a little video of her playing with Daddy. We've noticed at night that she gets clumsier as it gets later. I guess when she's tired, her balance gets off! I think she falls 3 times in this video!



And a video dancing with Elmo:



Her language seems to be taking off. I was trying to count all her words yesterday. She's got between 25-30 right now that she uses appropriately. She also repeats EVERYTHING we say. She's reapeating "I love you," but not sure what it means yet. She also started signing and saying "please" finally. We've been working on that one for over a week! Her 18 month appointment is Monday, so I'll have some stats for you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment