Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Olivia's Hot Tub

Olivia and Daddy have a new game. It started with Michael letting her sit on the side of the sink and play in the water. She loves water. So, he would take off her socks and shoes and let her splash in the sink. A few days ago it progressed to this:

Photobucket

Sitting in the sink in her onesie and diaper. Yesterday, she took it one step further:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Don't even think about getting her out before she's ready! Luckily, we can leave the water running and it spills into the other side. She sat and splashed with Daddy for about 45 minutes while I finished dinner last night. I think Daddy wanted to do something extra special before he went out of town (he's in TN until Saturday).

Our playroom has been a disaster since Christmas. With the influx of all the new toys, we were just running out of room. I told Michael this is what I wanted for toy storage:

Photobucket

Well, I didn't want the whole set, just a smaller version, like this:

Photobucket

He took one look at the price and said he could make it. So, I said fine, thinking it probably wouldn't happen. However, I should have known, if new tools were involved, he was all about it. He got some plywood:

Photobucket

A few new tools:

Photobucket

Olivia and I helped with the first coat of stain:

Photobucket

And Voila!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Didn't he do a great job?! The first one is complete. One more and I think all the toys will have a place!

We went to a rec center in Littleton today called Lilley Gulch. They have a huge gymnastics room and our Mommy's group reserves it once a month. Olivia loves it.

On the trampoline:

Photobucket

She's so funny on it. That one is really bouncy and she just barely has to bend her knees to get it going.

Showing off her hanging skills:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I swear, there is not one ounce of fat on that child!

Did I mention we finally got a table for the breakfast nook?

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm going to have to get her a booster seat. I took the tray off her highchair and just pushed it against the table, but all she wants to do is sit in Avry's chair when she isn't here. Yet another thing to add to our collection in the basement!

Her stats from her 18 month appt: 30 inches (9th percentile!), 17 pounds, 4 ounces (still not on the charts for weight).

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally impressed with Mike's carpentry skills. I wonder if he hires out.... :) It looks awesome! AND, your kitchen table is super cute! AND, I love the "hot tub" pictures. I have many pictures of Liza and Landon playing in the sink - it brings back fond memories. Such a nice arrangement for everybody :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure he would LOVE to make you whatever you want!

    ReplyDelete