Thursday, August 20, 2009

TN week and a birthday party!

Well, we're back in Colorado after a busy week in Tennessee! Talk about hectic, but we had a great time.
We started the week by arriving at the airport a little late. We were supposed to be on an 8:20am flight to Charlotte. We made it in time, but found out when we were checking in that our flight out of Charlotte had been canceled. The only flight into Tri cities was at 10:30pm that night and we were landing in Charlotte at 1:30pm. Hmmmm, a 9 hour layover with a 12 month old? Doesn't sound like much fun! I moseyed my way to the gate after checking the departures and noticing a 10:15am flight to Charlotte- if we were going to be that delayed, I wanted to spend some of it in Denver! They rebooked us on the 10:15 flight, but said there wasn't anything they could do about the flight into TN. I made a few phone calls and we waited.
Photobucket

Luckily, Olivia was in a fantastic mood and wandered around the gate. She did awesome on the flight. We were in the last row and there was a 17 month old little girl in front of us. They played together in the aisle and shared snacks, charming everyone around us.
We landed in Charlotte and I had several messages. Apparently, there were some worried family members and my brother decided to drive to Charlotte to pick us up. He spent 6 hours driving, so we could avoid a 7 hour layover! How's that for sibling love (thanks, Brett!)?
Thursday was birthday party day and we spent most of the morning and early afternoon getting ready for it. Olivia was a little grumpy and out of sorts, but I was hopeful! She took a short nap in the car before the party, but woke up a little too soon...
Photobucket

NOT in the party mood. She perked up as the night went on, but wasn't at her best.
Some decorations:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh my, this cake was delicious!
Photobucket

Why are these people singing to me?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yay, presents! She was so funny, hugging all the clothes (and just about everything else) she opened.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thumbs up from Maggie:

Photobucket

Playing after the party:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

"Lilo, tell Mommy I'm finished with this birthday stuff..."

Photobucket

And that was the birthday party! I'm glad it was at the beginning of the trip, so I didn't have to stress about it all week.
The rest of the week is a blur. It went by so fast! Olivia went to Chuck E. Cheese for the first time:

Photobucket

She loved that horse!

Photobucket

We went to Lilo's house for lunch...

Photobucket

Playing with her cousins at Lilo's.

Photobucket

Tickling the ivory at Lilo's:

Photobucket

We went to dinner with some of Mommy's friends:

Photobucket

Poor Jane, she held on great! Olivia was trying her best to get down!

We made it to Greeneville twice:

Photobucket

Photobucket

And spent lots of time holding this sweet little guy (well, I did anyway!):

Photobucket

Olivia got lots of play time in with her big cousins!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love this picture of Aubrey and her big eyes:

Photobucket

The cousins at the pool:

Photobucket

We attempted a pool trip one afternoon when Maggie got out of school. We were there maybe 2 minutes (just enough time for Maggie to dive after one thing) when it started thundering. Shortest pool visit in history!

Our last night, we attempted to get all the kids together for a picture. This is the best one I got:

Photobucket

The other 30 or so I took are some variation of this:

Photobucket

Maggie smiling away, Aiden falling asleep amidst the chaos, and Aubrey and Olivia doing their own thing! Too funny!
We visited many more people and places, but that's the highlights of the week. I'm embarrased to write (type?) that I took over 400 pictures last week! I'm still sorting through most of them, so we might revisit our trip in a few days!
And can I just mention the humidity in TN? WOW, was it HOT and HUMID! When I woke up this morning, I put on a pair of shorts and stepped outside to sweep off the porch, only to find it was 55 degrees! It actually felt good after those humid days in TN! Shew, I hope you all get some relief soon- or just come visit us, the weather is much nicer here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment