Sunday, October 4, 2009

This and That

It has been a beautiful Fall week here in Colorado! The cool air has arrived, though. Olivia's new warm clothes have come in handy. The cooler weather made me crave something pumpkin, so I made pumpkin bars with cream cheese icing. Olivia got to experience licking the mixer for the first time (the icing)!

Photobucket

Photobucket

It took her a minute to figure it out, but when I demonstrated with the other one, she caught on pretty quickly!

Michael left this morning on a business trip, so it's just Olivia and I until Wednesday night. He took Friday off and we went to Chuck E. Cheese to use the rest of our tokens.
Watching Chuck E. with Daddy- she wasn't scared!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Olivia usually plays in the bathroom (she has some toys there) while I get ready in the morning. She's been particularly interested in the laundry shoot, recently. I've noticed her looking at the door and trying to look down the shoot. When I got the last of the laundry out this morning, this is what I found:

Photobucket

2 rubber ducks, a stuffed giraffe, and a bottle of lotion. Stinker. Here she is planning her next object to drop:

Photobucket

You might recognize that little outfit from these pictures:

Photobucket

You know, her 6 month pictures? Yea. Still fits. Almost 8 months later. Who said babies grow out of clothes fast? :)

My newest knitting projects:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yes, I made Olivia another hat. I can't help it.
I did, however, make one that's NOT for her! My friend, Megan, is having a little girl in late January (Ella Grace, how cute is that name?!) and this hat is for her:

Photobucket

I'm working on a hat for Ella's big brother before I mail it, though. I've also got hats in the works for Maggie's cousins, but I'm waiting on some yarn I ordered. I'm on a knitting frenzy! I did manage to make something besides a hat:

Photobucket

Photobucket

She turned out a little smaller than I thought. If I make another one, I think I'll double the stitches and use bigger needles. Olivia has carried her around today (although it didn't calm her down enough to stay in the nursery at church by herself), so it was worth the extra time!

Photobucket

Kind of a random, "this is what we've done this week" post tonight. Not much going on, but we have a busy week planned!
Here's a funny video of her playing with her piano and microphone:

No comments:

Post a Comment