Saturday, October 10, 2009

Zing, Zang, Zoom!

It's been a COLD, snowy day today! Perfect weather for... the circus! Ringling Brothers/ Barnum and Bailey's "Zing, Zang, Zoom" has been in town for 2 weeks. We were a little apprehensive about taking Olivia, but she did pretty well. She was over it about 3/4 through, but I thought that was great for a 14 month old. She especially liked the elephants:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Munch, munch:

Photobucket

And you have to get cotton candy at the circus. She loved it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

We got this hat with our (ridiculously overpriced) cotton candy. She wasn't a fan:

Photobucket

I love the guilty look on her face here. She's going through my bag (again):

Photobucket

While Michael was out of town this week, we drove out to Evergreen to take some pictures. The leaves are really pretty and the tallest mountains are snow-capped. I couldn't find a good place to get the two together, but we got some good shots. We went to a park called Elk Meadows. The trail we were on was surrounded by really tall grass, which makes me nervous about snakes. I'm usually constantly talking to Olivia during the day, just a play-by-play commentary, but I'm never that sure how much she's taking in or paying attention. While we were walking on the trail I told her to keep her eyes open for snakes. She looked right at me and said "Hisssssss." Yes, dear, exactly. Guess she's taking in more than I thought! Here are my favorite pics from that day:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We stopped at Red Rocks Amphitheatre on the way home. This next one would be one of my all time favorites, if she didn't have keys in her mouth:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This one is from the park yesterday:

Photobucket

Hopefully, our fall weather returns soon! When we left the circus this afternoon (around 5:45pm), it was 27 degrees. Brrrr!
I cleaned our carpets this week, too. She loves the vacuum and apparently, the carpet cleaner. I was letting it warm up and she walked right over to it. Wanted to check things out...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Notice the duct tape on the carpet cleaner. Yea. It's had some issues and Michael's worked on it for weeks. It works about half the time, so I think it's time for a new one...
So, that was our week! We have company coming this weekend and you know how we love company! It means we get to play tourist, my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment