Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tourist time!

My cousin Mary Lee flew in last Thursday for a weekend visit. It was the first time she met Olivia and we had a blast!
She got in late Thursday, so we caught up a little that night and hit the outlets bright and early Friday. We also had Avry with us, so we brought along the double stroller and lots of snacks. I was really excited, because these outlets are indoors and have a carousel. When mom was in town in May, Olivia rode the carousel for the first time and seemed to like it. Not so much this time:

Photobucket

Note the terrified look and death grip on Mary Lee's sweater. Funny, Avry wasn't a fan either:

Photobucket

I ended up standing with both babies (crying) in my arms about halfway through the ride. I felt so bad! Lesson learned...
We found some rocking chairs and they perked up!

Photobucket

They were so funny. When they got tired of sitting in the stroller, they let us know-loudly. So I would leave whatever store we were in, take them out of the stroller and let them run around the hallway. Luckily, it wasn't too crowded. Of course, they ran in opposite directions most of the time, but I could say "Where's Avry?," or "Where's Olivia?," and they would immediately stop and look around for the other one. It was really cute. I got my workout in that day! We were exhausted when we got home!
We knew just the place to visit Saturday. Mary Lee is a former science teacher (and coincidentally, now a school counselor) and was interested in seeing Dinosaur Ridge. Dinosaur Ridge is in Morrison, about 15 minutes from our house. In the early 1900's, a road was being built in Morrison and dinosaur bones and tracks were discovered. Apparently, there are many places in Colorado and Utah with dinosaur fossils. Michael and I have been several times, but this time was different. The Girl Scouts were having a patch award day with several booths set up. Lots and lots of little girls and their families. We were a little apprehensive, but it turned out great- we were able to see things we never noticed before by listening to the guides. Here we are with Red Rocks in the background, which is right next to Dinosaur Ridge:
Photobucket

Olivia checking out some footprints:

Photobucket

We went into downtown Morrison for lunch and ate next to a moose. Olivia was fascinated with him.

Photobucket

We stopped by the mall on the way home and Olivia had the mother of all meltdowns. We were walking by a kiosk selling the stuffed animals that make pillows (Pillow Pets). She saw a moose and immediately stopped crying and reached for him. As much as I tried to sway her towards a ladybug (to match her room) or a cow (he was cute), she was set on the moose. So we bought the moose and she's been attached to him ever since.
Sunday was a gorgeous day, very mild, so we decided to drive up to Breckenridge. It was my first time visiting, too, and I'm already planning on a return trip! Such a cute little town, lots of shops and restaurants with beautiful scenery.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Olivia did a little skiing before we left:

Photobucket

She had a rough night Sunday, but we managed to get a few more pictures before Mary Lee left:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This picture cracks me up. Olivia and I were exhausted from the night before and Avry wasn't feeling well. We all look like we're about to fall asleep!

Photobucket

And that was our busy weekend! Lots of fun!

A few pictures from last week- I love this little dress. It was Aubrey's and I think it's so cute:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Michael started pulling her around on her blanket and she loved it. She cried when he stopped, so he was pulling for a while! It was funny, because after a few minutes, she just sat there like a queen on her throne:



You surely didn't think I'd go 2 posts without pictures of my latest knitting projects?! This hat is for Aubrey:

Photobucket

The brim flips up, so she can wear it longer:

Photobucket

I love this hat. It was my first time trying a cable stitch and I think it turned out really well.

Photobucket

I ordered specific yarn for Maggie's hat and it just wasn't what I wanted. Her hat is supposed to look like a cupcake and it does to an extent. The bottom is supposed to be dark brown and I think it looks black, plus the yarn looks fuzzy to me.

Photobucket

Photobucket

So, I'm working on another hat for Maggie. A ruffled brim hat with a flower. It's almost done:

Photobucket

This is another one I'm working on- it might end up going to Maggie and Aubrey, because I made it too big for Olivia. I'm going to try to fix it, so we'll see how that goes!

Photobucket

I have 2 boy hats in the works that I can't wait to start on!
Wow, long post tonight! If you made it this far, thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment