Friday, January 23, 2009

New Tile and Pro Hockey

It's been a busy week or so around our house! Mainly because we finally decided to tile our master bathroom. Really, who puts carpet in a bathroom?

Before (I took this picture before we bought the house). Note the carpet:

Photobucket

After:

Photobucket

We still have to paint the trim, thus the paint can. Hopefully we will completely finish this weekend!

Photobucket

The cleanest my closet has ever been:

Photobucket

Ok, not really, because one of the spare bedrooms became my temporary closet:

Photobucket

The only problem is we now want to retile the tub and shower to match the new tile. It never ends...

Olivia has been in great moods the past week, so when Michael got free tickets to an Avalanche game, we thought we'd chance it. The Avalanche play in the Pepsi center and we've been there many times for Nuggets games (basketball for those of you that don't know!), but neither of us had been to a pro hockey game. It was fun!

I'm laughing because she WOULD NOT look at Michael for a picture. She was entranced by the lights:

Photobucket

Unfortunately, the outrageously loud music began right after this picture and she started screaming. Blood curling screaming! I tried to quiet her down and of course, the music stopped for the National Anthem and I'm pretty sure she outsang the performer. Michael finally whispered "Maybe we should take her out." I walked her around outside the arena and took her into the bathroom, but she was over it. I finally decided to make my way back so we could leave. As soon as we stepped back into the arena and she saw all that white ice and lights, she was fine. Although not too impressed:

Photobucket

We left during the 3rd period (and missed all the traffic!). It was nice to get out, even though I feel like I'm packing for a week whenever we take her anywhere.

I started taking Olivia's picture with this Pooh bear the first week she was born. I wanted something to chart her growth this first year. It's becoming more interesting as she gets older. She wants to play with Pooh, not sit beside him for a picture! It took me about 30 shots to get one of her looking at the camera:

Photobucket

See what I mean:

Photobucket

Photobucket

One more, because I love this outfit. It's a hand me down from Cousin Aubrey. Soooo cute! She wore this to church Sunday:

Photobucket

That's all for now, she's up from her nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment