Friday, January 2, 2009

Rice cereal and a fluffy bum

Olivia's pediatrician suggested trying rice cereal when she reaches 4 months adjusted age, which is next week, but we decided to give it a try tonight.

Photobucket

She was uncertain and not particularly impressed. :) I do believe she's not quite ready for solids. She spit out every bite I gave her and gave me some pretty funny faces. She still has the tongue reflex that automatically pushes the spoon out of her mouth, a sure sign she's not ready. We'll try it again in a few weeks! She decided her fingers tasted better.

Photobucket

Olivia officially has a fluffy bum, too! I know what you're thinking, because I thought the same thing. Cloth diapering is gross, hard, etc. However, I've been looking into it for a few weeks and cloth diapers have come a LONG way! It's really not gross (I promise!), we're going to save alot of money, and it helps the environment. All we're out is a few extra loads of laundry. The diapers fit like a disposable, but fluffier. I'm waiting on a few more to arrive, but here's some pics of her in one of the all in one diapers:

Photobucket

Photobucket

How can you not like such a cute bum?

Unfortunately, we've had a rough week or so. Olivia has been super fussy and clingy. Fussier and clingier than I've ever seen her. We're not really sure what's wrong, I thought at first she was teething, but no signs of a tooth (but we all know they can take awhile to come in). She's cried so much the past few days, her voice is hoarse. The only things that calm her down is one of us standing up with her in front of the television or a bath. Yes, standing. If we sit, she's not happy. She's squirming in my arms right now, wanting me to stand up and walk her around! The clinginess was unexpected, too. I tried to leave her in the nursery at our rec center so I could go to an aerobics class. I got her settled with toys and slowly backed away. As soon as I was out of her line of vision, she started screaming- not a cry, a scream! I calmed her down and tried again. Not happening. 30 minutes later, I left with her (much to the relief of the nursery workers, I'm sure). Hopefully, this is short lived. I'm going to try it again this week, so I'll keep you posted!

Here's the pose we assume to keep the crying to a minimum:

Photobucket

Write more when I don't have a fussy baby on my lap!

2 comments:

  1. We love this blog. We feel like we are right there with you. Sorry she's so fussy and you and Michael must be worn out. If I find a cheap flight maybe we'll come out and give you a rest. Love and miss you guys, Dad and Tammie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I give you double kudo's for the cloth diapers. I researched this and really wanted to do it, however I talked myself out of it because I couldn't imagine doing this for more than 2 years...and I really stink at keeping up with laundry and this really requires attention! Good luck and I think it's great!!

    ReplyDelete