Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Great Meltdown

This is what it looked like late Saturday afternoon:

Photobucket

Photobucket

It started warming up Sunday, but we still had to dig out of our driveway before church. Here's a glimpse of how drastic the weather changed- I took this Monday afternoon:

Photobucket

Yep, that's Liza and Landon playing outside in their bathing suits! Plenty of water with all the melting snow!

Watching the water run down the street:

Photobucket

Landon turned 3 Sunday and we were invited to watch him open his gifts. What excitement! We love our neighbors, can you tell? :)

Helping Daddy open the mail:

Photobucket

She didn't do as well in the nursery at church this week. They didn't page me out of the service, but she was crying when I went to get her (she was crying when I left, too). They told me she "didn't cry the whole time." Hmmm. Not sure what changed from last week. At least she looked cute:

Photobucket

I figured Sunday was her last chance to wear that dress!

We don't have Avry on Thursdays, so it's our day to sleep in. I remember when sleeping in meant 10:00 a.m.(OK, 11:00 some days...). A nice leisurely morning, catching up on sleep. I pried an eye open when I felt little feet kicking my back this morning- 8:15. I rolled on my side and kept my eyes closed, hoping she would take the hint and go back to sleep. Ha! Olivia laughs in the face of "hints" from Mommy. I next felt a chubby hand patting my cheek. Eyes still closed, I started patting her back. Next, I felt a big yank on a handful of hair, along with a delighted shriek in my ear. OK, time to get up! I opened my eyes to a big gummy grin and honestly, I'd rather have that than another hour of sleep.
Speaking of sleep- what does refusing to take your nap + being extremely tired equal?
Falling asleep during your snack:

Photobucket

Photobucket

She stayed there for 40 minutes, oblivious to Avry chattering away right next to her, while eating her snack.

I got a video of her attempting to crawl last night. Avry's been crawling for about 3 weeks and I wonder if that motivated her? She had absolutely no interest in crawling. Then she saw Avry and how she could get what she wanted, when she wanted it (mainly the toys Olivia had!). She's so close- Michael worked with her last night, demonstrating the correct technique and how to move her arms. Here's one of her attempts:



Pretty funny! Now we get to find out which parts of our house aren't baby-proof. Here's her other new thing:

Photobucket

Standing. She's still pretty unsteady, but that doesn't stop her. She needs a crash helmet! It's funny to watch her at our coffee table. She's still pretty small, so when she stands next to it, her head is below the top. Kind of defeats her purpose, but she doesn't seem to mind.

Well, we have a nice uneventful day planned. It's supposed to be 81 today, so I think we'll go to the park and take some pictures (surprise) before her My Gym class. Hope you're having a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment