Sunday, April 5, 2009

Little Monkey's Bizness and Spring wishes...

Well, the snow melted fairly quickly (except for our front yard. We probably won't see grass there until June- the sun barely hits it). However, this is what rolled through Thursday:

Photobucket


Thunder, lightening, hail, and snow. A "white-out" is what the news called it. Interesting, for sure! I've never seen thunder with snow.

I usually lay down beside Olivia until she falls asleep for her naps. She still takes 3 naps a day, usually an hour to an hour and a half each. She was doing really well at letting me slip away when she was almost asleep until this week. She started "checking" to make sure I was there. She reaches out her arm and if she can't feel me, she opens her eyes. If I'm not there, she starts crying. I noticed her doing it at night a few weeks ago, but I was always there and she went back to sleep. Yesterday I hit on this:

Photobucket

She feels the pillow, eyes stay closed, she stays asleep. Perfect! Except I'm not too sure how I feel about her mistaking me for a lumpy pillow... maybe Mommy's doughier in the middle than she thought...

We went to a great place called Little Monkey's Bizness on Friday. We met our friend Yarles and her son Caden. Yarles' husband (Steve) and Michael race cars together (the remote control kind). Little Monkey's Bizness is an indoor playground for little kids. You have to be under 6 to play. They have a coffee bar for the parent's and a sectioned off place for babies. Olivia isn't crawling, so they didn't even charge me for her. Pretty nice!
Here she is with Caden. He's 19 months.

Photobucket

That's the "why aren't you holding me" look.

She loved spinning this thing. And notice she's letting Yarles hold her! She was fine with it in small increments. Hey, I'll take it!

Photobucket

Here's a quick video of her playing. She started pounding her chest when she's excited last week.



Nothing like a good nap to put you in a good mood!

Photobucket



We're going to keep wishing for Spring:

Photobucket

and chewing on apple slices (she loves them!):

Photobucket

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment